For training, please contact the Tool Manager(s).
- No high vapor pressure materials (lead, indium, ITO, etc.)
- No Pyrex or Borofloat etching
- Limited metals allowed - please discuss with tool manager
- If using photoresist mask - remove 5 mm ring at edge (edge bead)
- Whole 4 inch wafers only
- Pieces mounted to sapphire wafer
- Ni not allowed as an etch mask
The Oxford Plasmalab100 is an inductively coupled plasma based system that is configured for silicon based dielectric etching. The system consists of one ICP process module connected to a single automated wafer transfer load lock. It is equipped with He backside cooling and has a temperature controlled electrode.
- Fluroinated gases: CHF3, CF4, CH2F2, C4F6, C4F8
- Other gases: CO2, Ar, O2, N2, He
- Materials: thermal, ALD, PECVD, and LPCVD oxides and nitrides
- Glasses: Quartz, Fused silica only, no pyrex or borofloat