For training, please contact the Tool Manager(s).
- III-V (GaAs, InP, GaN, etc.)
- Photoresist, oxide, nitride, nickel masking only
- Photoresist mask - edge bead must be removed (5mm ring) if using 4 wafers
- No bulk silicon etching
- Limited metal masking allowed - see tool manager
The PT770 is a dual chamber ICP system. The left chamber is dedicated to chlorine based metal etching while the right chamber is dedicated to III-V etching.
- Load Locked sample introduction
- Turbomolecular pumping
- Microprocessor etch recipe control
- III-V based materials etching in the right chamber
GaAs, GaN, InP and associated tertiaries and quarternaries of these materials can be etched in the right chamber.