For training, please contact the Tool Manager(s).
- Hard substrates (glass, plastic, semiconductor materials) allowed
- Soft substrates (polymers like PDMS) possibly allowed AFTER contacting tool manager.
- Sample size: up to 150 mm substrates; up to 5 mm thick
Profilometry allows users to get a 2D trace of surface topographic features through contact with a stylus. The Dektak profilometer determines film thickness, feature heights in microfluidic devices, 3D-printed devices or feature depths in laser cut samples. It can also show the surface roughness of substrates.
- Measurement Range: 100 Angstrom to 1 mm deep.
- Resolution: 1-200 Angstroms depending on measurement range
- Sample size: up to 150 mm (6
- Scan length: 50 to 30,000 microns
- 12.5 and 25 micron-wide stylus available
- Stylus force range: 1 to 15 mg.
- X-Y stage translation: 20 x 80 mm, rotates 360 degrees.
- Photo capability with 70 to 280 X camera (3.5 to 0.86 mm field of view)
Measurement parameters available:
- Roughness (Ra, Rq, Rp, Rv, Rt, Rz)
- Waviness (Wa, Wq, Wp, Wv, Wt)
- Step Height (avg. step ht., avg. ht., max. peak, max. valley, max. ht., peak to valley, high spot count, peak count)
- Geometric measurements (area, slope, volume, radius, perimeter, bearing, ratio, Sm)
- Measures hard or soft (elastomer) substrates