For training, please contact the Tool Manager(s).
The Metricon Model 2010/M Prism Coupler utilizes advanced optical waveguiding techniques to rapidly and accurately measure both the thickness and the refractive index/birefringence of dielectric and polymer films as well as refractive index of bulk materials. The 2010/M offers unique advantages over conventional refractometers and instruments based on ellipsometry or spectrophotometry:
- Completely general - no advanced knowledge of optical properties of film/substrate required
- No advanced knowledge of optical properties of film/substrate required.
- Routine index accuracy of ± 0.0005 (accuracy of up to ± 0.0001 available for many applications).
- Routine index resolution of ± 0.0003 (resolution of up to ± 0.00005 available for many applications).
- High accuracy index measurement of film or substrate.
- Simple measurement of index vs. wavelength.
- Can measure waveguide loss of a blanket film.
- Wide index measurement range (1.0 - 2.4).