For training, please contact the Tool Manager(s).
- Only CMOS compatible materials - Si, SiO2, Si3N4, CNF Refractory metals (Al, Ti,Ta,W,Pt,Mo,Cr, Co, and Ni), standard resists
- No gold or silver, exposed or buried
- No high vapor pressure materials (lead, indium, ITO), exposed or buried
- No microscope slides
- Do not exceed maximum RF power of 300W
- Do not clean chamber with wipes or solvent. Report contamination to tool manager
The Oxford PlasmaLab 80+ is an 8-inch diameter parallel plate, turbo-pumped RIE system dedicated to processes involving Fluorine based gas chemistries such as CHF3, CF4, and SF6. Processes are available to anistropically etch Silicon Dioxide, Silicon Nitride, and Silicon. Other gases available are Argon, Hydrogen, and Oxygen.
The system has a 300W 13.56 MHz RF power source coupled to a matching network. The biased electrode is actively chilled to 10 degrees C. The operating pressure regime for processes in the PlasmaLab 80+ is 10 - 1000mT.
The system also includes an Optical Emission Spectroscopy module, which is capable of endpoint detection and plasma composition analysis. This allows the etch depth to be used to control when an etch process is stopped, as well as determine chamber conditioning.
- SiO2 etch
- SiNx etch
- Si etch
- ARC etch
- Resist descum