Training for the furnace area covers the pre-furnace MOS clean, atmospheric and LPCVD processes. It is scheduled on a need basis, please email the tool manager for training requests. Include MOS area training in the subject header. You will be notified when the next scheduled training will be by email.
- MOS CLEAN required prior to use
- Only use MOS designated holders, wands and tweezers
The LPCVD Silicon Nitride furnace is a low pressure CVD furnace with a 40” flat zone capable of processing up to 6” diameter wafers. Process gases used are SiH2Cl2, NH3, and N2O. CVD silicon nitride films with controlled stress and high temperature oxide (HTO) can be deposited. Samples are restricted to silicon based materials only.
- Stoichiometric Silicon Nitride n=2.0
- Low Stress silicon nitride, 200 MPa Tensile, n=2.2
- 2-3 nm/min nitride dep rate
- High Temperature Oxide at 800°C